We specialize in meeting the demands of financial services companies and agencies looking for knowledgeable proofreaders, editors, writers, and graphic designers who understand your unique challenges.
Our team of on-staff and on-call contractors has in-depth experience covering a wide range of financial services topics, including retirement planning, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, estate planning, charitable giving, employee benefits, clearing and custody, institutional brokerage, and more.
Neil Rhein: President
Neil Rhein founded Bullseye Communications in 2005 to meet the unique communications needs of financial services companies. Previously, he served as vice president and editor of Fidelity Focus and Fidelity Outlook magazines, two award-winning Fidelity Investments publications. Previously, Neil worked in several marketing communications and client support positions at Fidelity Investments, Smith Barney, and Dean Witter, where he earned his NASD Series 7 and Series 8 securities licenses.
Neil earned a Master’s degree in business communications and public relations from Emerson College in Boston and a B.A. in communications from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
Neil also serves as the Founder and Executive Director of Keep Massachusetts Beautiful, a volunteer organization that is taking action to make Massachusetts a cleaner, greener place to live, work, and play.
- Three of his favorite words: rapscallion, kerfuffle, magnanimous
- Grammar pet peeve: when people say “could care less” instead of “couldn’t care less”
- Favorite pastimes: pickup basketball, golf, mountain biking, fishing, body surfing
Sue Franco: Editor and Proofreader
Sue is an editor and proofreader with more than 20 years of experience in business, government, and the legal field. Sue earned a B.A. in psychology from Curry College, a certificate in copyediting from UC Berkeley, and is a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association and the American Copy Editors Society.
- Three of her favorite words/sayings: I love other countries’ slang terms, such as gobsmacked (British word for astonished), whinge (Australian word for whining), and Bob’s your uncle (British term meaning “there you have it” or “it’s as simple as that”)
- Grammar pet peeve: Words used incorrectly. Look it up before you decide on it, just in case it doesn’t mean what you think it does or what it sounds like it should mean. For example, nonplussed, which to me seems like it would mean not caring much, actually means very surprised or confused. (English is a crazy language!)
- Favorite pastimes: Baking, vegetable gardening and planting flowers, taking painting lessons, practicing yoga, and reading.
Erin Shapley: Editor and Proofreader
Erin is an editor and proofreader with more than 15 years of experience in the financial services industry, including two Big 4 accounting firms, a private equity group, and a regional bank. Erin earned a B.A. in theater arts from Southern Oregon University and has taken courses through UC San Diego’s Copyediting Certification program. She is a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association, American Copy Editors Society, and the Northwest Independent Editors Guild.
- Three of her favorite words: M words, such as melodious, maverick, and Massachusetts
- Grammar pet peeve: “towards” instead of “toward” used in American English writing/speech
- Favorite pastimes: reading nonfiction, studying astrology (20+ years), collecting midcentury modern furniture, working on genealogy, going for a drive, drinking coffee!
Katrina Tauchen: Editor and Proofreader
Katrina is a writer and editor whose body of work includes magazines, college and university publications, business advertising campaigns, financial publications, and a slew of national brands and websites. A graduate of the University of Missouri School of Journalism with a B.A. in magazine writing and a Master’s degree in magazine editing, she specializes in crafting dynamic editorial that is clear, concise, and error-free.
- Three of her favorite words: snowy, sunshine, and unscented
- Grammar pet peeve: pluralizing with apostrophes
- Favorite pastimes: writing, running, and drinking way too much coffee
If you are looking for a financial writer or editor to help you complete a short-term or long-term project, hire one of our experienced professionals. We offer reasonable hourly rates to fit a variety of budgets.